One of the most underestimated forms of depression because suffering does not manifest itself with psychic signals. There are somatic symptoms and physical discomfort.
Masked depression: analysis of symptoms.
Masked depression is a mood disorder, where physical symptoms are vague but persistent. You have headaches, muscle aches, and digestive disturbances. Usually, a depressed individual is characterized by external symptoms such as sadness, devaluation, worthlessness, and more. Masked depression, on the other hand, does not have a pessimistic attitude, but only has physical discomfort all the time. Here are the symptoms of masked depression common to many medical conditions:
- muscle and joint pain and stiffness
- back pain and neck pain
- digestive disorders, abdominal cramps and intestinal alterations
- headache and dizziness
- insomnia and difficulty sleeping
- persistent psycho-physical tiredness
To get an accurate diagnosis, you need to distinguish masquerading depression from traditional depression and other forms:
- if there are people in the family with depression or somatoform disorders
- positive response to treatment with antidepressant drugs
- have more intense physical ailments during times of stress
- the cyclical pattern of physical symptoms
Masked depression is an oddly shaped and oddly shaped depression that needs to be tracked down and treated with the help of a professional . Fortunately, today there are targeted psychotherapies and psychopharmaceuticals suitable for managing the disorder or catching it in time. In short, a way to get up and take care of mental and physical health.
- Masked depression: what are the symptoms? (medicalpages.it)